NETGEAR Plus GS116Ev2 - Switch - Beheerd - 16 x 10/100/1000
Control and Configure Beyond Plug-N-Play Connectivity
Today’s growing businesses demand and rely more on their network to carry out mission-critical business activities. Companies are putting more network traffic and applications such as VoIP phones and IP cameras on their Ethernet infrastructure. It needs the network intelligence to separate the voice and video traffic from data, and prioritize them accordingly. However, companies do not necessarily have more money or advanced training to deal with complex managed switches. NETGEAR Smart Managed Plus Switches meet this growing need by providing fundamental network features that will help optimize the performance of business networks. On top of the plug-N-play Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, these switches also offer essential networking features such as VLAN, QoS, IGMP Snooping, Link Aggregation / Port Trunking on models with 16 ports or more, rate limiting and traffic monitoring. NETGEAR Smart Managed Plus Switches are an exceptional value for businesses looking to add intelligence to their network beyond what unmanaged switches can provide.
With the ability to set up and configure QoS, these Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switches can detect different types of network traffic and assign the desired priority to latency-sensitive traffic, such as voice and video. This helps improve the delivery quality of related applications such as VoIP, multimedia broadcasting, and video conferencing.
Build Multiple Network Groups
These Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switches can help divide big networks into smaller more manageable groups and have resources dedicated for one or several groups rather than making the same resources open to all. This feature improves overall network performance, adds security to network traffic, and makes more efficient use of network resources.
Troubleshoot Cable Problems
All Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switches come with a cable diagnostic feature that enables users to easily find out the health status of their network cables. If there are any problems, this feature helps quickly locate the point where the cabling fails; allowing connectivity issues to be fixed much faster, potentially saving technicians hours of troubleshooting.
IGMP Snooping for Optimized Multimedia Traffic Delivery
By listening in on the IGMP conversation between hosts and routers, the Gigabit Smart Managed Plus switch can maintain a map as to which links need which IP multicast streams. The Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) therefore will be able to forward multicast traffic only to the links that have asked for them and cut multicast traffic from links that do not contain a multicast listener. Essentially, IGMP snooping helps optimize multicast performance at Layer 2 and is especially useful for bandwidth-intensive IP multicast applications such as IPTV.
- Smart Managed Plus Switch delivers network monitoring, traffic prioritization and VLAN
- Up to 48 ports (depending on model) deliver up to 2000 Mbps of dedicated, non-blocking bandwidth per port
- Simple, yet useful network set-up on top of plug-and-play connectivity
- Gigabit speed with QoS, VLAN and network monitoring
- VLAN support for traffic segmentation
- Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization
- Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
- Troubleshoot connection issues via cable test
- Loop prevention and broadcast storm controls
- IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization
- Rate limiting for better bandwidth allocation
- Port mirroring for network monitoring
- Jumbo frame support
- Port Trunking to increase bandwidth and provide redundant links
- Auto Negotiation of speed and duplex modes
- 802.3x Flow Control
- DHCP Client
- Dynamic MAC address management
- IEEE 802.1Q-based or port-based VLAN
- QoS based on WRR, strict priority, or both
- Port-based and IEEE 802.1p-based QoS
- QoS based on ToS (Type-of-Service)
- DSCP Support (GS105E and GS105PE only)
- Rate Limiting
- Link Aggregation / Port Trunking (Static LAGs on 16 ports and 24 ports, Static LAGs and LACP on 48 ports)
- IGMP snooping, v1, v2 and v3
- Blocking of unknown multicast traffic
- Act as static multicast router port
Reliability, Performance and Troubleshooting
- Port mirroring both on ingress and egress traffic
- Jumbo frame support
- Broadcast Storm control
- Cable diagnostics
- Loop Detection
- DoS Prevention
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) compliant (Selected models)
- Power savings with short cable detection and auto power-down when ports are in idle mode
- Switch discovery on MAC or PC using the NETGEAR Switch Discovery Tool
- Advanced configuration and management using web browser-based GUI
- Manage or deploy multiple switches using ProSAFE Plus Utility (requires Windows PC)
- Firmware upgrade thru ProSAFE Plus Utility (TFTP) or web browser-based GUI
- Configuration upload (to Server)
- System password protection
- Multi-language support (varies by model, see datasheet for specifics)
- This product is backed by a NETGEAR Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty.
- Lifetime Next Business Day Hardware Replacement. Click here for coverage, availability and terms and conditions.
- ProSUPPORT 24x7 Advanced Technical Support via phone for 90 days (Remote diagnostics performed by our technical experts for prompt resolution of technical issues). ProSUPPORT coverage can be extended by purchasing one, three, or five year contracts.
- ProSUPPORT Lifetime 24x7 Advanced Technical Support via chat.
10 Gbps Port
Number of PoE ports
Total PoE Power budget (Watts)
Max MAC entries
- 6Mb or 768KB
VLAN (Number Supported)
Number of LAGs & number of members
- 8 LAGs & 2 to 4 members
Supported Mulitcast groups
Max number of source ports allowed (many to 1)
- Input: 12V/1.0A
Max consumption (Watts)
Acoustic Noise Level @25C (dBA)
- 0° to 50° C
Dimensions (WxDxH) mm
Electromagnetic Compliance (A or B)