ASUS RT-AC88U - AC3100 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- Ultra-fast 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi router boosts speeds up to 3167 Mbps for low-latency online gaming, smooth 4K UHD video playback and extremely fast file-sharing.
- 4x4 antenna design with AiRadar universal beamforming for unrivaled Wi-Fi range.
- Intuitive ASUS Router App lets you control your network anywhere, without needing to boot up a PC.
- Exclusive built-in game accelerator from WTFast® lets you enjoy smooth gameplay in supported multi-player online games.
- AiProtection with Trend Micro™ for triple-strength network security, plus robust Parental Controls and privacy protection.
- 8 Gigabit LAN ports for extensive connectivity.
- Link aggregation for up to 2Gbps wired network speeds, so more devices can enjoy faster access.
- Revolutionary MU-MIMO technology can connect multiple MU-MIMO-compatible clients at each device’s maximum speed simultaneously.
with AiRadar beamforming
without AiRadar beamforming
In fact, RT-AC88U is able to connect to multiple MU-MIMO-compatible clients at each device's maximum speed simultaneously, unlike standard single-user MIMO where individual devices have to wait for sequential transmissions7.
In your increasingly mobile-enabled life, having control over your network via an app is more important than ever. The new ASUS Router App is built from the ground-up to be both intuitive and robust, allowing you to setup your router, manage network traffic, diagnose connection issues and even update firmware, all without needing to boot up a PC.
- Easy Router Setup
- Real-Time Traffic Monitoring
- One-click Game Boost
- Effortless Guest Wi-Fi Sharing
- Clever Network Diagnosis
- Handy Firmware Update
Remember to always keep your device's firmware up to date so you can benefit from the very latest service and security enhancements — and get exciting new features! Learn more about updating new firmware.
- The free router edition supports one selectable device on your network at a time with GPN traffic limits, and includes WTFast® technical support. Users can pay to upgrade to the advanced version for simultaneous acceleration of multiple devices with more GPN traffic and advanced features.
- Windows is either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- Mac OS® is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
- The actual performance may vary as a result of network conditions and environmental factors.
- MU-MIMO-certified client(s) required.
- MU-MIMO beta firmware will be available by the end of 2015.
- Smart connect beta firmware will be available by 2016 Q1.
- * ASUS received the highest numerical score among wireless routers in the J.D. Power 2015 Wireless Router Satisfaction Report, based on 2,716 responses from 8 companies measuring satisfaction with wireless routers surveyed November-December 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com
- Network Standard
IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac, IPv4, IPv6
- Product Segment
AC3100 ultimate AC performance : 1000+2167 Mbps
Very large homes
- Data Rate
802.11a : 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54 Mbps
802.11b : 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps
802.11g : 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54 Mbps
802.11n : up to 600 Mbps
802.11ac : up to 1734 Mbps
1024QAM (2.4GHz) : up to 1000 Mbps
1024QAM (5GHz) : up to2167 Mbps
External antenna x 4
2.4 GHz 4 x 4
5 GHz 4 x 4
1.4 GHz dual-core processor
128 MB Flash
512 MB RAM
- Wi-Fi Technology
Beamforming: standard-based and universal
1024-QAM high data rate
20/40/80 MHz bandwidth
- Operating Frequency
2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise , WPA2-Enterprise , WPS support
- Firewall & Access Control
Access control：Parental control, Network service filter, URL filter, Port filter
UPnP, IGMP v1/v2/v3, DNS Proxy, DHCP, SNMP, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Trigger, Virtual Server, DMZ, System Event Log
- WAN Connection Type
Internet connection type : Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
Router setup wizard; Firmware restoration; Device discovary; printer setup utility
RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for WAN x 1, RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for LAN x 8
USB 2.0 x 1
USB 3.0 x 1
WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button, Wireless on/off Button, LED on/off Button
Guest Network : 2.4 GHz x 3, 5 GHz x 3
VPN server : IPSec Pass-Through, PPTP Pass-Through, L2TP Pass-Through, PPTP Server, OpenVPN Server
VPN client : PPTP client, L2TP client, OpenVPN client
Mac OS Backup
Enhanced media server (AiPlayer app compatible)
- Image : Jpeg
- Audio : mp3, wma, wav, pcm, mp4, lpcm, ogg
- Video : asf, avi, divx, mpeg, mpg, ts, vob, wmv, mkv, mov
AiCloud personal cloud service
3G/4G data sharing
- Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- LPR protocol support
- Support bt, nzb, http, ed2k
- Support encryption, DHT, PEX and magnet link
- Upload and download bandwidth control
- Download scheduling
AiDisk file server
- Samba and FTP server with account management
- LED Indicator
Power x 1
Wi-Fi x 2
WAN x 1
USB x 2
WPS x 1
LAN x 1
- Power Supply
AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz)
DC Output : 19 V with max. 2.37 A current
- OS Support
Mac OS X 10.6
Mac OS X 10.7
Mac OS X 10.8
11.8 x 7.4 x 2.38 ~ inch (WxDxH)
- Operation mode
Wireless router mode
Access point mode
Media bridge mode